Senior UI/UX Designer
At Cara Care we are working towards our vision to empower individuals to live a healthier and happier life. To support every person in the world with a gastrointestinal disease, we are developing the first digital companion therapeutic for digestive health – Cara Care.
Our cross functional product team is responsible for shaping the user experience and bringing our products to life bringing together the power of UX, UI, Data Science, Tech, Medicine, Business and Psychology.
Starting immediately, we are looking for a Senior Product Designer to support us in our mission.
What’s it like to work with us
We are an interdisciplinary team of doctors, designers and software engineers who all truly care about what we’re building and how it can help people. Our work is inspired by our patient’s journey and our actions are focused on impact and results. We thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment, while appreciating what it means to be healthy and well.
To learn a bit more about our motivation, our team and company, you can visit our career page: https://cara.care/careers
What we’re looking for
A group of your future teammates and stakeholders met to outline the key skills and behaviors we think will lead to success in this role:
We are looking for an experienced product designer to join our top-notch mission-driven team. You will be responsible for designing the new functionality within our product roadmap. You’re a good facilitator and communicator who works closely with users and data to inform product plans and iteratively achieve our goals. You’re a proven team-player and problem solver who understands how to design world-class products at a fast growing startup. You will partner closely with our operations team including health coaches and physicians to help shaping experiences for patients that seamlessly blend human input with software.
- You engage in driving the build-up of overall product design activities and processes and become a design thought leader
- Based on your strong UX skills you know how to drive user research forward and which strategy to deploy to uncover and collect insights, and translate them into product goals and feature ideas
- Ability to narrow down complex requirements into simple, clear and elegant design solutions
- Develop innovative and engaging UX components while collaborating with engineering and product for implementation
- Creating and maintaining state-of-the-art design systems as well as introduction of thoughtful and consistent design patterns
- Driving design matters proactively, being always up to date about the latest design tools, methods, processes, and trends and actively engage in the design team, the company and even beyond
- Clearly define and communicate what a winning consumer product looks like, rally teams to build it and iterate until we get it right.
- Obsessively map the user journey and find creative ways to improve it; making it more delightful and responsive to the user’s needs.
- Help build an aspirational consumer-facing healthcare brand that puts the patient first, and that redefines the standard digestive health treatments.
- 4+ years experience building digital products - a mix of early and mature stage company experience is a plus. Experience in digital health is a big plus
- Experience in developing, testing, and refining concepts based on research, insights, and brand vision
- Deep knowledge of state-of-the-art design tools (e.g. sketch, abstract, zeplin,...), responsive web design and mobile apps
- Strong people/relationship skills, experience understanding team dynamics and concerns
- Worked closely with product managers and engineers on defining, building, and testing features and enhancements using agile product development methods
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Track record of shipping on consumer-facing products from idea to scale that both delight the user and exceed their business objectives
- Languages: English is required, German is a plus
In return, we will ensure you have:
- Meaningful work – help people improve their lives
- A vibrant team and a friendly working atmosphere
- Ability to significantly influence the direction of our startup
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews
- Participate in our success: Equity options
- 26 days holiday a year (plus public holidays)
- The best equipment and setup to be productive
- Flexible working hours. If you prefer early starts, late finishes or from time to time remote
- Team events, weekly breakfasts and team drinks
- A well-equipped office in the heart of Berlin with plenty of snacks, drinks, fresh fruit and a great espresso machine
- We will review your application as quickly as possible and reply to you with next steps. If we haven’t selected your CV/LinkedIn profile in the past please don’t let that put you off applying again. We get a lot of applications and sometimes it’s just not the right match. We always try, but often can’t provide you with individual feedback if we get many applications.
- If we move on to the next stage we will arrange a brief intro call where we can tell you more about us and chat through what you are looking for. We are also open to answer your questions about Cara Care. (Tip: Calls are better done in a quiet place, so please pick a time where you know you are going to be free.)
- After an interactive interview you will meet the team in person. If we both think that we should work together, we will make you an offer. We value your time and try to be as fast as possible to go through the process and will always provide you with feedback from any of our interview stages.
Please include a link to your portfolio with your application.
At Cara Care we care about equal opportunities
Diversity is important to us. We need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. Our team is looking forward to reading your application!