Clinical Research Manager
At Cara Care we are working towards our vision to empower individuals to live a healthier and happier life. To support every person in the world with a gastrointestinal disease, we are developing the first digital companion therapeutic for digestive health – Cara Care.
Our cross functional product team is responsible for shaping the user experience and bringing our products to life bringing together the power of UX, UI, Data Science, Tech, Medicine, Business and Psychology.
Starting immediately, we are looking for a Clinical Research Manager to support us in our mission.
What’s it like to work with us:
We are an interdisciplinary team of doctors, designers and software engineers who all truly care about what we’re building and how it can help people. Our work is inspired by our patient’s journey and our actions are focused on impact and results. We thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment, while appreciating what it means to be healthy and well.
To learn a bit more about our motivation, our team and company, you can visit our career page: https://cara.care/careers
- Project management and execution of all clinical studies, including but not limited to paper publications, technical decks, clinical trials, regulatory filings, and scale-up
- Partnership management with existing academic partners, e.g. Harvard Medical School
- Management of each project from ideation to execution
- Evaluation of study progress and metrics to identify risks
- Monitoring of clinical studies to ensure clinical data quality
- Development of the required clinical documents in collaboration with investigators and the cross-functional study team
- Owning the scheduling for project kick off meetings and facilitating regular internal review meetings to correspond to timelines
- Cultivation of strong relationships with clinical investigators and site staff
- Assisting with data entry, analysis and overall interpretation of clinical data
- Development of clinical procedures and process improvement initiatives
- Collaboration with key functional teams in order to align the clinical study with needs for other cross-functional team members (Marketing, Product, Patient Management etc.)
- Working directly with the leadership team to define the scope of work and plan for each project
- 6+ years of professional level clinical experience, preferably in a medical or pharmaceutical environment
- B.S. degree from an accredited university
- Proficiency in clinical regulations and processes associated with conducting a clinical study
- Proficient knowledge of medical terminology, clinical practices, physiology and/or applicable disease states and project management
- Strong people/relationship skills, with a proven ability to identify requirements and manage expectations
- Outstanding ability to think strategically in order to identify critical information and resolve challenges within clinical studies
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and effectively communicate verbally and in technical or scientific writing
- You have managed and streamlined processes with research, operations teams, and leadership teams, and have had to think about every aspect of a project, most importantly the prioritisation of time, and how the needs of one project impact another.
- You have meticulous, attention to detail and understand how hundreds of small moving parts contribute to the overall success of a project.
In return we will ensure you have:
- Leadership role and meaningful work – help people improve their lives
- A vibrant team and a friendly working atmosphere
- Ability to significantly influence the direction of our startup
- Competitive salary with regularly salary reviews
- Participate from our success: Equity options
- 26 days holiday a year (plus public holidays)
- The best equipment and setup to be productive
- Flexible working hours. If you prefer early starts, late finishes or from time to time remote
- Team events, weekly breakfasts and team drinks
- A well-equipped office in the heart of Berlin with plenty of snacks, drinks, fresh fruit and a great espresso machine
- We will review your application as quickly as possible and reply to you with next steps. If we haven’t selected your CV/LinkedIn profile please don’t let that put you off applying again. We get a lot of applications and sometimes it’s just not the right match. We always try, but often can’t provide you with individual feedback if we get many applications.
- If we move on to the next stage we will arrange a brief intro call where we can tell you more about us and chat through what you are looking for. We are also open to answer your questions about Cara Care. (Tip: Calls are better done in a quiet place, so please pick a time where you know you are going to be free.)
- After an interactive interview you will meet the team in person. If we both think that we should work together, we will make you an offer. We value your time and try to be as fast as possible to go through the process and will always provide you with feedback from any of our interview stages.
At Cara Care we care about equal opportunities
Diversity is important to us. We need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. Our team is looking forward to reading your application!